As stated in Hotel Tech Report’s Community Guidelines, any vendor found to be manipulating user reviews in any way will be subject to penalty on the platform.
Below is a table outlining such penalties based on the level of infraction. Hotel Tech Report values integrity and fairness above all else - violations penalties are non-negotiable.
Violation Severity and Penalties:
Level 1 Infraction Scenarios (Moderate)
HTR's policy for 1st time Level 1 infractions where the offender claims it was an accidental violation or misunderstanding is to give the offender in question the benefit of the doubt for a first time offense. Additional Level 1 violations after the first however will immediately escalate to level 2 infractions and incur penalties.
- Scenario 1a: If vendor is found to harass a reviewer about honest feedback left on the platform
- Scenario 1b: Vendor is found to be pressuring reviewers on the spot to write reviews and watching over their shoulders
- Scenario 1c: Vendor is found to be offering pay-per-review (vs randomized giveaway)
Level II Infractions Scenarios (Strong)
- Scenario 2a: Vendor is found to be compensating users for ONLY positive or five star reviews
- Scenario 2b: Any Level 1 violation that is a 2nd offense will immediately be escalated to a Level 2 infraction
- Scenario 2c: Vendor is found to be influencing user reviews by writing reviews for users and sending them the content to submit
Level III Infractions Scenarios (Severe)
- Scenario 3a: Vendor is found to be committing fraud
- Scenario 3b: Vendor is found to be submitting reviews on behalf of users