In a short period of time we have seen a flood of hosted reports from a handful of vendors which has caused a few unintended side-effects including (a) other member's reports to get buried and lose visibility (b) dilution of the diversity of the content in the reports library (making it less valuable for hoteliers).
As such, HTR has decided to revise it's policy regarding hosted reports to include:
- Members may use their post credits flexibly towards various types of posting
- Members may upload new reports using post credits available on their account
- Members may post as many hosted reports as they'd like
- Members may only host a certain number of hosted reports at a given time in the reports library and this number is based on the number included with your plan (which can be viewed under your plan benefits in the membership portal of the vendor dashboard)
This hybrid policy allows for some of the benefits of flexible posting credits of the new system while also retaining the merits of the initial policy including equal visibility for member content and a diverse array of content for hoteliers.
Why is This Update Beneficial for Hoteliers and Vendors?
Ultimately this slight policy update allows all vendors to retain the flexibility of using their post credits towards any type of posting while also ensuring that the report library remains diverse with fair visibility to all members.
- For hoteliers...ensures that the reports library contains a diverse set of value add content from various member companies across a wide array of topics and categories
- For vendors...ensures that it isn't a constant race to constantly burn through credits adding more and more new hosted reports to try to keep up and capture mind share in the hosted reports library. It also ensures that a single vendor (or small subset of vendors) can't hijack the reports library fully and allows for all members to gain visibility for their content.
Have My Benefits Changed from My Plan?
No. All membership plans include a set number of reports that can be live at a given time in the reports library to capture downloads. You can find the number of hosted reports that your company can have live in the reports library by viewing your membership plan benefits in the membership portal.
Why Has the Live Report Limit Been Reinstated?
Unfortunately in a short period of time we have already seen an unintended side effect which has been a flood of hosted reports from a handful of vendors which caused other member's reports to get buried. In addition to hijacking visibility from other members' content, the flood of reports posted from a handful of vendors has diluted the diversity of the content in the reports library on the site making it less valuable for hoteliers.
As such, HTR has decided to reinstate the live report limitations based on membership plans to allow for some of the benefits of flexible posting credits of the new system while also retaining the equality and diversity that came with the initial limit on the number of live reports a single company can host in the reports library at a given time.
This hybrid approach allows for the flexibility of the new credits system while also ensuring that all members get similar visibility in the reports library and that the downloads library retains diversity to increase the value proposition for hoteliers.
What Has Changed About the Hosted Reports Posting Policy
- Policy #1 (Old Policy): Members had a specific # of hosted reports and they could have that many hosted reports live on the site at any given time
- Policy #2 (3/10/21- Ledger System Updated Policy): Members receive flexible post credits instead of set quantities of each post type. Members could then use flexible post credits towards hosted reports with the limit lifted as to the number of simultaneous hosted reports they could have live in the reports library to capture downloads at a given time
- Policy #3 (4/5/21 - Revised Hybrid Policy): Vendors may use their post credits towards uploading as many hosted reports as they'd like; however, the limit as to the number of simultaneous reports a single company can have live on the site has been reinstated based on your plan