Over the past 2 weeks we've been brainstorming ways to provide support to those impacted by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.
Our first thought was to make a donation as quickly as possible to a cause that has boots on the ground--so we made a $25,000 donation to World Central Kitchen (WCK).
We've also had a few members of the community reach out asking if we're organizing any community wide initiatives so...we got to work and the Hospitality for Peace Ukraine Relief Campaign was born.
A few reasons we decided to launch this campaign:
- Make it easy for companies who want to help but aren't sure the best way to
- Rally the community to reach a larger collective audience together to generate more awareness and donations
- Achieve corporate matching milestones faster by aggregating donations
- Amplify the impact of every dollar donated through corporate matching
- Increase the incentive for individuals to help via knowing their donation will make more of an impact
Together with our first few corporate partners, the campaign already has over $250,000 committed to support the relief efforts so please reach out via the live chat if your company is interested in joining the initiative and supporting the campaign.
Even if your company isn't able to make a donation or become a match partner, there are still ways to help by spreading the word when the campaign goes live to help us reach our goal of raising $100k from the community (which will unlock the full corporate sponsor match donations).
We know it's a quick turnaround but given the urgency of the situation we're going to be acting quickly and kicking off the campaign next week so please reach out if your company is interested in joining as a match partner, donor or promoter.